Google Plus Facebook
Media Contact: Rachel Stark
Phone Number: 304-668-9940
For Immediate Release
23 February 2012
- Google is not a stranger to helping others grow, with a branch of services called Google Ventures, they have founded startups, built products, and invested in companies. They are also focused on finding entrepreneurs from all ranges of sectors and stages to help them succeed. (www.googleventures.com )
- Google Ventures invests in people who are passionate, bold, and ambitious to help build and grow companies.
- Helping Intek is Google Plus Facebook’s first move in giving back to the bright and inspiring individuals who are representative in all businesses anywhere. They want to prove that given the opportunity, anyone can become successful in the business world.
- Google Ventures is a firm believer in technological innovation and by stimulating any program that fosters hard work and career building initiatives.
- Google has also sponsored many other charitable programs such as Google Gives Back, which donated over 40 million dollars in 2011 to assist developing countries with educational and technological tools. (www.google.org)
- Google has also sponsored a Crisis Response project that makes critical information more accessible in times of disaster.
- Facebook has also been a foster of charity by becoming an online database and network of charities. Connecting people more than ever before, charities and other nonprofit organizations are better able to communicate and advocate for their causes or issue.
- Because both companies have merged, it is the highest priority for Google Plus Facebook to reassure the public that they will keep on with the philanthropic attitude that has been the heart and soul of each former company. In choosing the Intek cause, Google Plus Facebook intends to keep showing the world that giving back to the community and the people is one of the best ways to show that your company cares and wants to make positive changes in the world around them.
- Facebook has sponsored many grant-based programs to fund initiatives such as the Digital Citizenship Program and the Facebook Fellows, programs used to foster education and research for a brighter future.
- Over the past few years, Intek has provided free online college courses and career management services to over 10 million Americans in over 15 cities across the United States. Intek strives to make every opportunity available for any career or job option, with the goal of building a stronger American workforce and eliminating unemployment.
- Not only does Intek provide free college course and career management services, they also provide access to thousands of job listings, vocational education with a hands-on learning environment, and internship opportunities.
- With help from businesses like Google Plus Facebook, Intek is able to inspire and help millions of disadvantaged Americans to reach their dreams and build America from the inside out.
- Intek is a nonprofit organization founded in 2008, centrally located in Palo Alto, CA, and currently has more than 10 offices across the United States. As of 2012, Intek became under the sponsorship of Google Plus Facebook and other private donors.